Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Mosquito Nets

No matter how hard or how great my day is, I always finish it by checking in on my children.  With the new house and all the changes, they all fall asleep with lamps lit and doors open.  When I’m heading to bed, I go into each room, turn off the lamps, kiss the children, whisper, “I love everything about you” again into each child’s ear, then close the doors.  Often I just stand and gaze at the miracle and beauty that is my children.  It still awes me.  They all still sleep the deep sleep of babies, and so I am able to stroke a cheek, caress a hand, tuck a wisp of hair behind an ear.

Here in India the children sleep under mosquito nets.  Somehow it makes them seem both more vulnerable and more protected.  In both ways it is beautiful.







1 comment: